Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Plucky the Orange Recalls This Events of the Year So Far

"Hi all, I've been sitting all morning chatting with friends and reflecting on events of the year so far.

What a year it has been! I cut back on my workload at the packinghouse and turned over the day-to-day running to our staff (we have an incredible group of people). I thought the online business would be a breeze, but I worked my blossoms off creating a beautiful website for our online store: www.sunburstoranges.com. Then I realized everything online changes very rapidly.

To compete I needed to be unique and learn about social media. So I created a Facebook page,
www.facebook.com/sunburstoranges?ref=hl, started pinning on Pinterest,
www.pinterest.com/sunburstoranges/ and, I have some great pictures on Instagram. It has been a blast.

One afternoon my good friend Morgan d' Organ came by and was telling me how hard he was working because so many people were in need of his help! I completely understood. Morgan asked me to support the American Liver Foundation and their Liver Life Walks. I felt this would be good for me and for Morgan and his good friend Liverman. Therefore, we became a team and I created a Facebook page, Orange is the New Liver, www.facebook.com/orangeisthenewliver?ref=hl, just for us to help everyone learn about liver disease.

We went to several Liver Life Walks and handed out our oranges, and bags and lanyards. Everyone just loved Sunburst! We started in Orange County, then the walk in Los Angeles (their biggest one yet!) and the same weekend I personally went to the walk in San Francisco. We even did one in Nashville, Tennessee. These people are the best! These have been so much fun, and everyone loved the oranges I'm sharing at these walks. We are planning many more events this coming year!

Plus, we have started a blog dedicated to helping the 30 million people in this country with liver disease to better understand. It seems to be well liked by all the nice comments and complements people have written.

Then I was asked to help at the Wig Out For Rescue Fun Run, wigoutforrescue.org/ in Los Angeles. I am a huge dog lover, actually all animals. I called my good friend Louie, he's a lizard, and asked for his help. He was thrilled to help spread the word to help animals find a home or find their way back home. That event raised enough money to spay/neuter dogs in Los Angeles for a full day free of charge! Check out Louie's Facebook page - www.facebook.com/pages/Louies-Loves/565737820226719?ref=hl

Best part of hanging out with Louie is that I met a couple of great guys, Hercules the pig and Hairy the hedgehog. They've been doing some great things with fundraising events and I have offered to help them. See their events at www.thepigrace.com/

Although we will still be selling our delicious oranges, lemons, teas, honey and lots of other items like chocolates, nuts, jams and artwork at our online store, we have decided to add another facet to Sunburst Oranges for next year. Fundraising and corporate efforts will be our focus. We will be doing some major remodeling of our online website - linking everything together."

So until next year, we at Sunburst Oranges wish you the
Happiest of Holidays, a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Keep watching for all the exciting changes.

Fresh California Oranges just in time for the holiday season. Sunburst Oranges has a great selection of fresh gift ideas from Citrus Collections and Perfect Pomegranates, to our Sunburst Tea Collection, plus jams, nuts and delicious chocolate Orange Truffles made locally and exclusively for Sunburst. All this unique bounty make perfect gifts for party hosts, business associates, family and friends or just for your pleasure. Shop Sunburst Oranges Collections for the finest fresh fruit & accompaniments at our Facebook Store:  www.facebook.com/sunburstoranges/app_410312912374011

Just add some of our delicious accompaniments to your citrus order for a holiday to remember.

Are you looking for the perfect gift for business associates, family or friends? A quick visit to http://sunburstoranges.com can solve all of your fresh gift giving adventures. We sell only the finest selections and the freshest citrus you can buy.

Presented By:
Sunburst Oranges
180 South “E” Street
Porterville, CA  93257
559-561-3391

No comments:

Post a Comment