The delightful Pomegranate is one of the fruits that is one that people either love or hate (or a least they don’t want to stain their hands). If you are one of the fans you can get your fill of this luscious fruit from Sunburst Oranges. From our land to your hands…
The pomegranate originated somewhere between Iran and the Himalayas of northern India. It has been grown and cultivated across Mediterranean Europe, Asia, and Africa since ancient times. Ancient Egyptian art and mythology featured the pomegranate. The fruit is found to be mentioned in the Old Testament of the Bible and the Babylonian Talmud. The pomegranate was carried across deserts by caravans because of its thirst-quenching juice. It has been widely cultivated throughout India, China, Egypt and the Middle East.
How to Eat a Pomegranate
1. Cut off the crown end of the pomegranate
2. Lightly score the rind in several places.
3. Hold fruit under a bowl of water and break sections apart, separating seeds from membrane. Seeds will sink while rind and membrane float.
4. Remove rind and pith from water and discard
5. Pour seeds into a colander, drain, and pat dry.
Fun Pomegranate Facts
▪ A ripe Pomegranate will make a metallic sound when tapped
▪ An average pomegranate contains hundreds of edible seeds
▪ Pomegranate trees only bear fruit in hot, dry climates
▪ Normal mature pomegranates are about the size of a large orange
▪ Pomegranates can be stored up to two months in a refrigerator
▪ Pomegranates grown in the US are available from September to December
Are you looking for the perfect gift for business associates, family or friends? A quick visit to http://sunburstoranges.com can solve all of your fresh gift giving adventures. We sell only the finest selections and the freshest citrus you can buy.
180 South “E” Street
Porterville, CA 93257