Using The Power Of Citrus
Citrus is coming into season, and it’s the perfect time to stock up on Sunburst oranges and tangerines. As a general rule, I usually eat extra Sunburst navel oranges over the winter months.
After eating and cooking with your Sunburst citrus and before you toss those orange peels (or lemon, or grapefruit, tangerines or lime) into the garbage, place a couple pieces of peel in your garbage disposal, and run some water down the drain as you turn on the disposal.
The rough peels help to clean the blades, and the citrus oils do a fantastic job of naturally freshening your kitchen air.
Different garbage disposals have different power levels. Cutting your pieces of peel (or some folks call it rind) in to small chunks will not put too much strain on your disposal.
Here is a list of disposal Don’ts.
• Don’t grind glass, plastic, metal or even paper.
• Don’t grind anything combustible.
• Don’t pour grease, oil or fat into your garbage disposal or drain.
• Don’t use hot water when grinding food waste.
• Don’t grind extremely fibrous material like corn husks, celery stalks, onion skins, and artichokes.
• Don’t turn off the motor or water until grinding is completed.
• Don’t put too many potato peels down the garbage disposal
• Don’t grind large animal bones (beef, pork etc.).
• Avoid putting coffee grounds down the garbage disposal
• Don’t use harsh chemicals like bleach or drain cleaners.
Are you looking for the perfect gift for business associates, family or friends? A quick visit to http://sunburstoranges.com can solve all of your fresh gift giving adventures. We have the finest selections and the freshest citrus you can buy.
Sunburst Packing Co.
180 South “E” Street
Porterville, CA 93257